Central Florida Woes

Florida | Georgia | North Carolina | South Carolina
dustymars

Central Florida Woes

Well, it is snowbird season in full swing and like usual the local store managers underestimated the influx, so shelves are emptying fast.  This seasonal home exchange has only been occurring since Hernando de Soto conquered Florida, give or take a few hundred years; so why do we make the same mistakes over and over again.   Old Albert says, “the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Some snowbirds are welcome; Our President Donald J. Trump for one.

It isn't that we hate snowbirds; some of us suspect some Democrat snowbirds vote at home then vote here and have another auto with Florida plates in their second home garage.  But, conservative snowbirds are more than welcome.  :D

patriot

Re: Central Florida Woes

We have a similar situation in Nevada with Californians.  The cars with California plates are seen in areas where most tourists would not go, so they are likely new residents.  With motor vehicle functions restricted because of the virus, the number of cars with California plates has increased.  Many of us hope that these new residents escaped from California politics and will remember Albert's saying and not vote the way many vote in California.  But who knows if some just leave for economic reasons and keep their leftist politics with them.  By the way, much as I dislike Facebook, I formed a group there called CalifExpats to address this.
dustymars

Ha!  Here to register a car first time a $250 fee is attached.  Yeah, the state without income tax makes it up in tourism and/or snowbird transplants.  Normally I would not go with that, but with snowbirds I make an exception.  Long story.

BTW, we too have food shortages.  About this time a year!

dustymars

Well, I'm here and there, Change The US and all.